Study MBA in London
MBA courses in London
Study your MBA at UWS London
Study an internationally respected Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree at UWS London.
Why study at UWS London?
A world-class university
We’re ranked in the top 150 in THE’s Young University Rankings 2020 and as one of the top 600 universities worldwide (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020).
Learn from industry experts
Our teaching team consists of industry experts who have the insight and experience to prepare you for working life.
Strong employment prospects
97% of our postgraduate students are in work or further study within 6 months of graduating (DHLE 2016/17).
Live & learn in central London
Live and study in London, one of the world’s most prestigious university cities.
UWS was ranked 1st
in the UK for Teacher Education.
(The Times and Sunday Times
Good University Guide 2020)
UWS was ranked 1st in the UK for Teacher Education
(Guardian University Guide
UWS is ranked in the top 600 universities worldwide
(Times Higher Education 2020
World University Rankings)
UWS is in the top 150 Young University World Rankings.
(Times Higher Education 2019
World University Rankings)
Information to explain how you can apply and make your UWS application as smooth as possible for all our courses.
What is an MBA?
MBA stands for The Master of Business Administration. It is a well-respected qualification that supplies an outline of key business practices and is highly valued by employers. Studying an MBA can increase your chances of getting a promotion and pay rise as well as further developing your business knowledge. It can also improve your professional reputation and lead to a huge expansion of business contacts. Click here for more information.
MBAs are intense and usually consist of a dissertation or work-based project, core, and optional modules. Assessment is done through essays, group activities and exams. You will learn how to develop a marketing strategy, conduct operational management, read, and assess financial reports and lead a team.
An MBA is different from other postgraduate courses as it allows you to develop the skills you have gained through your professional experience as well as expanding your academic knowledge.
While other postgraduate courses involve more classroom-based teaching such as lectures and seminars, MBAs focus more on independent study such as group work, case studies and real-life projects.
It is important to be aware of the different types of MBA programmes to ensure you choose the one that is right for you. The different types of MBA include:
- General MBA – This is the most popular type of MBA which is for people who already have at least three years of business and management experience and want to pursue a career within a management role, corporate strategy, or the finance industry.
- Executive MBA – This EMBA is for people who already have years of experience as a manager or executive and who want to expand on their business contacts or learn new approaches to business. This can take up to three – five years if class is attended only at weekends.
- MBA without work experience – This is ideal for recent graduates who do not have extensive work experience in business management, or for people looking at a career change.
- Global and international MBA – This MBA is for people who are open-minded, want to learn about new cultures and expand their business overseas. Global MBA courses are more diverse and place a global emphasis on the curriculum. It is also for people who want to study abroad. The cost of tuition is lower in certain countries and the course usually lasts from nine to twelve months.
- Specialist MBA – This is ideal for people who already have experience in business management and want to focus on a specific industry or sector.
UWS London do not offer all of these types of MBAs so it is important to check our available MBA courses before making your enquiry.