MSc Information Technology with Data Analytics
Why study MSc Information Technology with Data Analytics at UWS London?
Exceptional Career Prospects
91% of UWS graduates are in work or further study after graduating (Baseline 2020/21).
Study in a world-renowned business capital
Living and learning in the heart of London, one of the best university cities.
Build your network
Develop connections with other like-minded professionals and industry-giants.
Develop IT skills without previous experience
This course has been designed for students with degrees in non-computing subjects, who are looking to develop highly sought-after business IT knowledge and skills.
This course consists of a combination of core and specialisation-option modules:
Core Modules (students must complete the following four modules):
- Business Data Communication and Networks (20 credits)
- Database Design and Implementation for Business (20 credits)
- Information Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Masters Project (60 credits)
Specialist Pathway Modules (students must complete the following two pathway modules):
- Data Analysis and Visualisation (20 credits)
- Data Mining and Business Intelligence (20 credits)
Recommended Optional Modules
- IT Strategy and Management (20 credits)
- Object Orientated Programming (20 credits)
- Work Based Learning* (20 credits)
* To be eligible to undertake this module, it is expected that a student would already be in the workplace and a tripartite agreement would exist between the company, student, and University prior to enrolment.
Learning and Teaching (approximate):
- Scheduled learning – 20%
- Independent study – 80%
- Practical – 60%
- Coursework – 40%
- Oral presentations
- Written reports
- Academic posters
- Laboratory reports
- Log books
- Laboratory exercises
- Scientific papers
- Case studies
- Literature reviews
- Research proposals
- Viva voces
What is MSc Information Technology with Data Analytics all about?
This is a specialised master’s degree that focuses on the intersection between the fields of information technology and data analytics, teaching students the skills and knowledge to analyse and interpret large volumes of data using IT tools and techniques. Living in an increasingly data-driven world, graduates of this degree will be in high demand across various industries and in many companies. You will learn about the different aspects of information technology, as well as gaining expertise in data analytics by extracting meaningful insights and patterns from data sets to support decision-making processes and solve complex problems.
Where will this course take me?
Upon completion, graduates of this course can get jobs as a Market Research Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, or Intelligence Analyst, As well as local authorities, public organisations and SME’s, those graduating with this degree have careers at various companies such as Amazon, Adobe Systems, IBM, Dell, Morgan Stanley, just to name a few. Successful completion of the programme enables progression to research-based academic courses.
Who is this course for?
Students who have a degree in a subject other than IT or computing and are wanting to develop much sought-after business-relevant IT knowledge and skills alongside specialist knowledge of project management
Why study Information Technology with Data Analytics?
A degree in MSc Information Technology with Data Analytics can help:
- To develop your familiarity with mathematical, statistical and computational data modelling techniques
- To gain experience in carrying out data analysis, communicating and critically commenting on the results
You should normally possess an Honours degree or an equivalent qualification. If you possess a bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent qualification, or a less, but appropriate qualification plus relevant industrial experience may also be considered for entry to the PgDip.
Progression from the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) to the MSc is dependent upon successfully completing the PgDip.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level. The qualifications below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
General English language requirements at UWS
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- Overall score 6.0
- No sub-test less than 5.5
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII with the minimum of a Pass in all sub-tests
- PTE Pearson Academic English: An overall score of 59 to 64 with no element below 59 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.0 with no element below 5.5). An overall score 65 to 75 with no element below 65 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.5 with no element below 6.0)
For further information on English Language qualifications accepted click here.
For applicants who do not meet the minimum English language requirements above, there is an option to apply for the pre-sessional English language programme combined with chosen degree programme. Find out more here.
1 year full-time
Scottish — £7,500
Rest of UK & Northern Ireland — £11,750
International & EU — £15,250
Apply now through our online application system. Before applying, you should check that you meet our entry requirements, and you should have all your supporting documents ready.
The first step is to create a profile. Then, after submitting your completed application, you will be required to upload your supporting documents listed in our documents checklist page.
Most courses don’t have a formal closing date, but they will close when they are full; apply early to avoid disappointment.
Alternatively, if you would like further information or guidance, enquire with us to speak with one of our admissions advisers.
Table of Contents
Enquire with us
We are here to help and to make your journey to UWS London as smooth as possible. Please use the relevant button below to enquiry about a course you would like to apply, to clarify any doubt you may have about us and our admission’s process, to send us a complaint or suggestion. After you submit your enquiry, one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible.
Information to explain how you can apply and make your UWS application as smooth as possible for all our courses.