Why study MBA with Digital Marketing at UWS London?
Learn from experts
Our inspiring team and esteemed guest lecturers bring a wealth of knowledge and global experience garnered from their extensive careers in both UK-based enterprises and across international markets.
Immerse yourself in the world’s capital
Live and study in London; one of the leading cultural, financial and cosmopolitan capitals of the world.
Build your network
Our alumni network spans across more than 100 nationalities, offering a dynamic platform for connections that can drive your career forward.
Exceptional career prospects
London is a global economic hub, which means there are abundant opportunities for professionals with various skill sets and backgrounds. UWS London careers department will help you to navigate the graduate job market during your studies and up to 2 years after you graduate.
The MBA Pathways program has a number of core modules, which will enable students to lead from within through innovation and creative thinking, shaping them into a leader for the ever changing context of Business. The modules are interdisciplinary in nature enabling students to critically demonstrate and understand the integration of key business functions enhancing their ability to design and deliver effective organisation wide strategies across sectors.
Students are required to complete the following three core modules:
- Fundamentals of Senior Management (40 Credits)
- The Strategic Manager (20 Credits)
- Professional Management and Research Skills (20 Credits)
Students undertaking the Digital Marketing Pathway will complete the following modules:
- Digital Marketing Strategies (20 Credits)
- Theoretical Perspectives in Digital Marketing (20 Credits)
At the dissertation stage there is an option of either the Strategic Business project or the Developing Professional Practice module which will enable students to work with an employer on a project related to Leadership
- Strategic Business Project (60 credits)
- Developing Professional Practice (60 credits)
The Business project is theory based and can include the gathering of primary data. It challenges students to integrate their past learning from the previous stages of the MBA in a rigorous research project, which will be of value in better understanding a key business issue. In so doing, students will develop their knowledge and confidence in designing, developing , compiling and delivering strategic business projects.
The Developing Professional Practice module is designed to put theory into practice within a real world setting across and within Sectors: local, national and global. The module will enable students to develop skills and knowledge, both specialist and transferrable, enhancing their employability. It will enable students to build networks by connecting and working with professionals in industry.
A recognised innovative feature of our MBA programme is the fact it is supported by its own virtual learning environment – Moodle which provides access to MBA core materials and allows students to study and interact online with their peers.
You will be taught through a combination of:
- Practical workshops
Learning and teaching
- Scheduled learning: 16%
- Independent study: 84%
- Coursework assessment 100%
Assessment methods will include:
- Oral presentation
- Written reports
- Case studies
What is an MBA in Digital Marketing all about?
An MBA is a world-renowned and highly respected qualification. It equips you with the skills you need to work your way up from entry level into senior management roles in business by exposing you to all business functions including accounting, finance, marketing and human resources.
The MBA with Digital Marketing course at UWS London is a unique opportunity to master the foundations of business while also specialising in one of the world’s fastest growing fields — digital marketing.
In this course, you will learn about the integral, and ever-growing role of digital media in growing businesses. The rapid advancement of digital media over the last decade has revolutionised the way that companies understand and use marketing to attract customers. This has driven a surge in demand for digital marketing specialists from companies looking to quickly step up their game in this area.
Digital marketing is starting to overtake more traditional forms of marketing such as TV advertising. With people now spending a quarter of their waking hours on their mobile device, brands now have unparalleled access to potential consumers on a daily basis.
Our MBA with Digital Marketing course will put you at the forefront of this rapidly moving global industry.
You will learn about:
- Business strategy – the execution of business strategy and how this creates competitive advantage, efficient governance in a digital world, and corporate social responsibility.
- Personal development skills – emotional intelligence, influencing skills, networking and leadership.
- Management skills – managing people, financial systems, operations and risks.
- Digital Marketing strategy – how to research, create and implement digital marketing strategies, understanding consumer behaviour, branding and customer communication across all channels:
- Social media marketing – the use of social media platforms and websites to promote your product or service.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – improving search engine rankings (i.e. Google or Bing) so that you generate more business through online searches.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) – paying each time a user clicks on your online ad as a way of driving website traffic, leads or sales.
- Influencer marketing – partnering with influential people so they can help promote your products or services.
- Email marketing – direct marketing to potential and existing customers through email such as newsletters, competitions, etc.
- Content marketing – creating valuable content to enhance customer experience and build brand loyalty.
Where will this course take me?
We launch you on your journey toward an influential career as an entrepreneur or as a leader in a world-class organisation. Arming you with the ideas, skills, experiences, and supportive community you need to succeed.
You will be able to grow the presence and impact of businesses around the world, create and implement strategic business and marketing plans, lead teams of professionals around the world and much more.
You will be able to enter a range of sectors around the world, starting your career as a Business Analyst, Account Executive or Digital Marketing Manager before working your way up to become a Business Development Manager, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) or a Consultant.
Successful MBA with Digital Marketing graduates often go on to work in consultancy for companies such as McKinsey & Company and Accenture. You may choose to work in marketing departments in start-ups, SMEs before going on to work at larger tech companies such as HubSpot, Google or Amazon. Alternatively, you may decide to start your own business with the knowledge and experience you have gained from your MBA.
Forbes calculates that MBA graduates pay back their fees within about four years of graduating, and salaries are greatly enhanced by this qualification.*
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at students with an entrepreneurial mindset, and ambition to develop a successful career in business or digital marketing.
You will either have a degree or other professional qualification, or you may be a mature student with relevant work experience.
Dr Melissa Kerr is lecture in the School of Business and Creative Industries. She has worked as a lecturer in Higher education on both undergraduate and postgraduate business course in universities in both Australia. Her areas of research and teaching include change management, HRM, organisational behaviour, strategic management and labour history. She completed my PhD at the University of Sydney in 2012. Her research examined the examined the impact of public employment services on labour market outcomes.
You should hold an honours degree or equivalent (minimum 2:2 classification) or a bachelor’s degree with significant and relevant work experience. You will normally be expected to have at least one of the following:
- A degree awarded by an appropriate institution
- A postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
- An appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
- Passed a Pre Master’s programme at relevant level
- Relevant work or professional experience
Where candidates do not meet the standard entry requirement, they must demonstrate that they have sufficient relevant professional or practice-based experience to undertake their chosen programme of study. They may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the programme Admissions Officer/Programme Leader.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level. The qualifications below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
General English language requirements at UWS: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- Overall score 6.0
- No sub-test less than 5.5
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII with the minimum of a Pass in all sub-tests
- PTE Pearson Academic English: An overall score of 59 to 64 with no element below 59 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.0 with no element below 5.5). An overall score 65 to 75 with no element below 65 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.5 with no element below 6.0)
For further information on English Language qualifications accepted click here.
For applicants who do not meet the minimum English language requirements above, there is an option to apply for the pre-sessional English language programme combined with chosen degree programme. Find out more here.
UWS London provides a comprehensive range of student services dedicated to supporting you at every stage of your academic journey, ensuring your success and well-being throughout your studies.
Scottish — £15,250
Rest of UK & Northern Ireland — £15,250
International & EU — £15,250
Scottish — £15,500
Rest of UK & Northern Ireland — £15,500
International & EU — £15,500
To enquire about the application process and required documentation, please review our application guide section. Should you require assistance or wish to speak with an advisor beforehand, The Education Group London (TEG London) is the designated service partner of the University of the West of Scotland’s London Campus, overseeing all aspects of recruitment and student admissions.
Apply now through our online application system. Before applying, you should check that you meet our entry requirements, and you should have all your supporting documents ready.
The first step is to create a profile. Then, after submitting your completed application, you will be required to upload your supporting documents listed in our documents checklist page.
Most courses don’t have a formal closing date, but they will close when they are full; apply early to avoid disappointment.
Alternatively, if you would like further information or guidance, enquire with us to speak with one of our admissions advisers.
Table of Contents
Enquire with us
We are here to help and to make your journey to UWS London as smooth as possible. Please use the relevant button below to enquiry about a course you would like to apply, to clarify any doubt you may have about us and our admission’s process, to send us a complaint or suggestion. After you submit your enquiry, one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible.
Information to explain how you can apply and make your UWS application as smooth as possible for all our courses.