Why study for an MBA with Leadership at UWS London?
Our course team are experts in business
Learn from our outstanding team of lecturers and prestigious guest speakers who share their experiences from around the world.
You’ll be in a city full of leaders
Study for your MBA with Leadership in London and be surrounded by inspirational business leaders.
Exceptional career prospects
97% of UWS graduates have gained employment or moved to further study within 6 months of graduation (DHLE 2016/17).
Build your network
Our alumni is a powerful network that will connect you with potential career prospects, and help you to progress.
The MBA Pathways program has a number of core modules, which will enable students to lead from within through innovation and creative thinking, shaping them into a leader for the ever changing context of Business. The modules are interdisciplinary in nature enabling students to critically demonstrate and understand the integration of key business functions enhancing their ability to design and deliver effective organisation wide strategies across sectors.
Students are required to complete the following three core modules:
- Leading and Managing Business (30 Credits)
- Professional Management Skills (30 Credits)
- Creating Business Advantage (30 Credits)
Students undertaking the Leadership Pathway will complete two modules (one core module and one optional module) as outlined below.
- Emerging Leadership and Development 15 credit points
Optional Modules (choose one from the following):
- Financial Risk Management (15 credit points)
- Financing Business (15 credit points)
- Supply Chain Management (15 credit points)
- Logistics Management (15 credit points)
- Digital Marketing Strategy (15 credit points)
- Theoretical Perspectives in Digital Marketing (15 credit points)
At the dissertation stage there is an option of either the Strategic Business project or the Developing Professional Practice module which will enable students to work with an employer on a project related to Banking and Finance.
- Strategic Business Project (60 credits)
- Developing Professional Practice (60 credits)
The Business project is theory based and can include the gathering of primary data. It challenges students to integrate their past learning from the previous stages of the MBA in a rigorous research project, which will be of value in better understanding a key business issue. In so doing, students will develop their knowledge and confidence in designing, developing , compiling and delivering strategic business projects.
The Developing Professional Practice module is designed to put theory into practice within a real world setting across and within Sectors: local, national and global. The module will enable students to develop skills and knowledge, both specialist and transferrable, enhancing their employability. It will enable students to build networks by connecting and working with professionals in industry.
A recognised innovative feature of our MBA programme is the fact it is supported by its own virtual learning environment – Moodle which provides access to MBA core materials and allows students to study and interact online with their peers.
You will be taught through a combination of:
- Practical workshops
Learning and teaching
- Scheduled learning: 16%
- Independent study: 84%
- Coursework assessment 100%
Assessment methods will include:
- Oral presentation
- Written reports
- Case studies
What is an MBA with Leadership all about?
The world of business is constantly evolving year on year. Each development brings new challenges, for which businesses need to adapt efficiently to remain competitive. This requires leaders that can inspire innovation, and get the best from their employees.
This MBA is designed specifically for graduates who have already taken their first steps in their business career, who are ready to move into leadership roles with more responsibility. During this programme, you’ll gain the knowledge and expertise that you need to progress into management positions, and will be ready to lead businesses of all sizes, whether your next role is with a start-up, SME or a multinational corporation.
As part of this course, you’ll learn about different leadership styles, identifying sources of development and growth, and how to influence people in the best possible way, while inspiring team members in the pursuit of a collective goal. Upon graduation, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognised and respected qualification that proves you have the resilience, talent, and capability to take on positions of leadership and to build business success.
There are many definitions of leadership that you’ll learn about on this course, and many types of leadership styles. In many cases, social influence and having the trust of your team, rather than authority or power are the key to successful leadership. Accordingly to Forbes, leadership is as ‘a process of social influence, which maximises the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a goal’.
- Becoming a good leader isn’t just about achieving a fantastic salary. Great leaders need to be able to:
- Communicate honestly, and openly with all members of the organisation
- Connect with team members, receiving and assessing new ideas respectfully
- Encourage employees to grow both personally and professionally
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity
- Empower and inspire employees, trusting them to do their jobs rather than giving orders
- Give positive and accurate feedback about performance
- Accept feedback gracefully and understand your own strengths and weaknesses, while continuing to evolve
If you have the potential to be a great leader and to take businesses to the next level, studying for the MBA in Leadership with UWS London can help you to take the next step.
Where will this course take me?
This MBA course will help your career quickly progress, whether you choose to become a successful entrepreneur, or you want to lead within high-grossing multinational corporations. The ideas, skills and experience that you’ll gain from this course will help you to gain access to some of the most sought-after jobs in the industry.
Graduates of this programme have the potential to be offered some of the best employment opportunities, whether that is with SMEs or roles within international conglomerates such as Siemens, BAE Systems, the Virgin Group, Facebook, and Apple. MBA graduates are highly motivated and progress quickly in their roles, gaining promotion and taking on more responsibility that leads to greater salaries and reward packages.
The type of role that MBA graduates may be suited to depends on their prior experience and aptitude. Graduates with less experience might apply for first line manager positions like Office Manager or Assistant Manager, through to middle management positions such as department head or director. Those with more significant work experience may look for executive, or C-suite positions such as Chief Operations Officer (COO) or Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is for you if…
- You want to become a successful business leader
- You are already in a management role, and are aiming for a C-suite position in the near future
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and have a successful start-up in mind
- You already have an undergraduate degree or another professional qualification
- You have relevant work experience that you can reference during the course
You should hold an Honours degree or equivalent (minimum 2:2 classification) or a bachelor’s degree with significant and relevant work experience. You will normally be expected to have at least one of the following:
- A degree awarded by an appropriate institution
- A postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
- An appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
- Passed a Pre Master’s programme at relevant level
- Relevant work or professional experience
Where candidates do not meet the standard entry requirement, they must demonstrate that they have sufficient relevant professional or practice-based experience to undertake their chosen programme of study. They may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the programme Admissions Officer/Programme Leader.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level. The qualifications below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
General English language requirements at UWS: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- Overall score 6.0
- No sub-test less than 5.5
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII with the minimum of a Pass in all sub-tests
- PTE Pearson Academic English: An overall score of 59 to 64 with no element below 59 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.0 with no element below 5.5). An overall score 65 to 75 with no element below 65 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.5 with no element below 6.0)
For further information on English Language qualifications accepted click here.
For applicants who do not meet the minimum English language requirements above, there is an option to apply for the pre-sessional English language programme combined with chosen degree programme. Find out more here.
1 Year – Full-time
Intakes in January, May and September
Apply now through our online application system. Before applying, you should check that you meet our entry requirements, and you should have all your supporting documents ready.
The first step is to create a profile. Then, after submitting your completed application, you will be required to upload your supporting documents listed in our documents checklist page.
Most courses don’t have a formal closing date, but they will close when they are full; apply early to avoid disappointment.
Alternatively, if you would like further information or guidance, enquire with us to speak with one of our admissions advisers.
Table of Contents
Enquire with us
We are here to help and to make your journey to UWS London as smooth as possible. Please use the relevant button below to enquiry about a course you would like to apply, to clarify any doubt you may have about us and our admission’s process, to send us a complaint or suggestion. After you submit your enquiry, one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible.
Information to explain how you can apply and make your UWS application as smooth as possible for all our courses.