MSc Project Management
Why study MSc Project Management at UWS London?
Our course team are experts in Project Management
learn from industry leaders with real-world experience. For the duration of the course, experts in the field will deliver in-depth theory and practice-based lectures.
Our MSc Project Management is accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM), UK. Students are entitled to free membership of the APM.
Exceptional career prospects
97% of UWS graduates have gained employment or moved to further study within 6 months of graduation (DHLE 2016/17).
Build your network
Our alumni form a powerful network that will connect you with potential career prospects and help you to progress in your career.
The MSc Project Management programme consists of the PGDip stage and the Master stage. For the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) stage, you will study the following core modules:
- Case Studies in Project Management (core, 20 credits)
- Postgraduate Research Methods (core, 10 credits)
- Project Management Fundamentals (core, 20 credits)
- Projects in Practice (core, 20 credits)
- Project Risk Management (core, 20 credits)
- Strategic Management & Sustainability (10 credits)
- Change Management and Leadership (20 credits)
Successful completion of the PgDip allows you to proceed to dissertation module:
- MSc Project Management Dissertation (60 credits)
Our esteemed team of lecturers and tutors make use of a broad range of teaching and learning approaches in order to facilitate your learning journey in a way that plays to your strengths and abilities.
Depending on whether teaching is face-to-face or online, we offer:
- Computer laboratories
- Team work
- Case studies
We use a variety of assessment methods to evaluate our Project Management degree. The list below provides a guide to the types of assessment methods you may expect to encounter during your studies:
- Coursework assignments
- Unseen examinations
- Oral presentations
- Final MSc dissertation
Find out more about the structure, learning outcomes, compulsory and optional modules in this course.
What is MSc Project Management all about?
Project Managers organise and manage both people and resources in order to meet targets, optimise efficiency, guarantee quality of work and implement time management and productivity systems. With an MSc in Project Management from the University of West of Scotland, you’ll be perfectly positioned to build a promising career for yourself in a wide range of fields across multiple industries such as engineering, business and construction.
Aside from the fundamentals of project management, the MSc Project Management course also develops a series of secondary skills that are in high demand in practically every industry. These essential skills include:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
Where will MSc Project Management take me?
Graduates of the UWS MSc Project Management course have an array of opportunities at their feet from jobs in the construction and manufacturing industries to careers in consultancy firms, events and service organisations. Our alumnae have made names for themselves in leading businesses such as Local Authorities, DXC and SPX Clyde Union and many have gone on to establish their own successful companies and consultancies.
One of the most exciting aspects of an MSc Project Management degree is that it opens doors in almost every industry. The prospects for an enthusiastic and professional Project Manager are limitless and grant the degree holder the option of specializing in one industry or to remain a generalist and work across multiple industries.
Just a few of the industries that our alumnae have found success in include:
- Finance and Insurance
- Information Services
- Real Estate Development
- Business Services
Who is this course for?
While our course is designed to accommodate all students, there are certain aptitudes and personality traits that may give you the edge in this career path. In our experience, a career in Project Management is well-suited to individuals who:
- are meticulous and well-organised.
- have an eye for fine details as well as an understanding of the big picture.
- are able to lead groups with authority and confidence.
- are able to multitask well and keep track of a budget.
- are flexible and able to adapt at a moment’s notice.
Why study for MSc Project Management?
A MSc Project Management degree:
- Gives you the advantage over a job applicant who is unqualified.
- Provides you with an opportunity to gain coveted skills, techniques, knowledge and tools from leaders in the Project Management space.
- Demonstrates to potential employers that you have the commitment and dedication to improve yourself and establish yourself as a persistent learner.
- Enhances your career development prospects by proving that you can achieve an externally recognised project management qualification.
Applicants to the MSc Project Manager course should already possess an Honours degree (minimum 2:2 classification) or equivalent qualification but the following may also be considered:
- A degree awarded by an appropriate institution
- A postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
- An appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
- Passed a Pre Master’s programme at relevant level
- Relevant work or professional experience
Where candidates do not meet the standard entry requirement, they must demonstrate that they have sufficient relevant professional or practice-based experience to undertake their chosen programme of study. They may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the programme Admissions Officer/Programme Leader.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level. The qualifications below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
General English language requirements at UWS: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- Overall score 6.0
- No sub-test less than 5.5
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII with the minimum of a Pass in all sub-tests
- PTE Pearson Academic English: An overall score of 59 to 64 with no element below 59 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.0 with no element below 5.5). An overall score 65 to 75 with no element below 65 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.5 with no element below 6.0)
For further information on English Language qualifications accepted click here.
For applicants who do not meet the minimum English language requirements above, there is an option to apply for the pre-sessional English language programme combined with chosen degree programme. Find out more here.
1 Year – Full-time
January, May or September
Scottish — £11,750
Rest of UK & Northern Ireland — £11,750
International & EU — £15,250
Apply now through our online application system. Before applying, you should check that you meet our entry requirements, and you should have all your supporting documents ready.
The first step is to create a profile. Then, after submitting your completed application, you will be required to upload your supporting documents listed in our documents checklist page.
Most courses don’t have a formal closing date, but they will close when they are full; apply early to avoid disappointment.
Alternatively, if you would like further information or guidance, enquire with us to speak with one of our admissions advisers.
Table of Contents
Enquire with us
We are here to help and to make your journey to UWS London as smooth as possible. Please use the relevant button below to enquiry about a course you would like to apply, to clarify any doubt you may have about us and our admission’s process, to send us a complaint or suggestion. After you submit your enquiry, one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible.
Information to explain how you can apply and make your UWS application as smooth as possible for all our courses.