New & Current Students

If you have just been accepted to study at UWS London, there are a lot of relevant information you should read before starting your university journey. It’s important to remember that we have student support available throughout your time with us, check out what is available to new and current students.

Enrolment information for May 2024

Enrolment FAQs

  • Always quote your Student Banner ID (which starts with B00).
  • Once you have access to your student email account, always email using your UWS email account.
  • Check your inbox and junk mail regularly for replies.
  • Only email once, we will get back to you.
  • Use the subject headings given below, to allow your enquiry to be processed as quickly as possible.

Your enrolment email will be sent to your personal email account from the week commencing 11th April 2022, and includes information about how to set up your student email address and how to complete online enrolment. Note that this email may be sent to your junk or spam folder.

If you have accepted your offer and have not received this email, please contact using the subject heading: ‘I have not received my enrolment email’. The admin team will ensure this email is re-sent to you.

You can use this link to help you set up your security password. If you have not done so already, this password will be the same for Banner, student emails and all systems you need to login to. This link is also in your enrolment email.

If you forget your password at any time, you can go to and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If you have a ‘hold’ and unable to start your enrolment processes please contact with a screenshot of the Banner page and using subject heading ‘Hold Issue’

The enrol team will notify you when your record has been updated and you can continue your enrolment.

Please send an email to with the subject heading ‘No modules listed on Banner’.

The admin team will email you when modules have been added, and you can continue your enrolment.

You may be asked to pay £5,000 if you paid for your CAS deposit before accepting your offer.

Please contact with the subject heading ‘Fee issue’.

The admin team will email you when your record has been amended and you can continue your enrolment.

You can find your UWS timetable by visiting and clicking ‘log in’ on the right hand corner. Login with your Banner ID and Network Password.

It can take up to 24 hours for your timetable to become available, but if it is not available after 24 hours, please contact with the subject heading ‘I cannot see my timetable’.

The admin team will email you when your timetable is available to view.

You can login to Microsoft Teams with your student email address and Network password. Before your lectures and tutorials begin, ensure you have access to your module channels.

It can take up to 24 hours from enrolling for your Microsoft teams account to be activated. If you still cannot access Microsoft teams after 24 hours, please email with the subject heading ‘I cannot access Microsoft Teams’.

You can login to AULA by following this link and logging in with your student email address and Network password. Before your lectures and tutorials begin, ensure you have access to your modules and class links.

If you cannot access AULA, please contact using the subject heading ‘I cannot access AULA’.

If you have completed enrolment and cannot find your modules or class links on AULA, please contact with the subject heading ‘No modules on AULA’.

The admin team will email you when AULA has been updated.

If you are having difficulties completing enrolment, you can speak to our Student Guide team via live chat on Microsoft Teams by following this link from 9:30am on Tuesday 19th April.

Enrolment IssueEmailSubject Heading
Haven’t received enrolment have not received my enrolment email
Online enrolment is on ‘hold’ Issue
Modules are not listed on modules listed on Banner
I am being asked to pay £5,000 on Issue
I cannot see my cannot see my timetable
I cannot access Microsoft cannot access Microsoft Teams
I cannot access cannot access AULA
There are no modules listed on modules on AULA

Online Platforms

The majority of our activities are taking place on Microsoft Teams, with some available through Zoom.

All UWS students are provided with a Microsoft Office 365 account. This includes your student email account and access to the full range of Microsoft software and applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive and much more. You can access this via MyDay.

You can find advice on how to use Teams on the Microsoft support website and Zoom through their support site.

We’ve also created a helpful video on best practice for using Microsoft Teams to attend your online lectures.

If you have any questions you can contact us at or through our support portal.

There is also a range of information on digital skills and support that you can access from our website.

How to study in the British Academic System

When you get to the UK as an international student, studying may seem very different to studying at home. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides relevant information for you to succeed in your studies in the UK. It is a must read for any new international student.

Stay Safe Out and About

  • Go out with a group of friends, and make sure you have a plan for getting home
  • Don’t leave your drink unattended
  • Ensure your mobile phone has enough charge to last the night
  • Use only licensed taxis, with the proper signage
  • Be aware of how much you’re drinking – be sure you remain able to enjoy yourself without being unable to look after yourself
  • Keep an emergency £10 for unexpected events – for example, if you lose your purse.

Safe Zone App

The safety and wellbeing of students and staff is our top priority at UWS. We have introduced a new free smartphone app that promotes staff and student safety across all of our campuses. Find out more about Safe Zone.

British Council Guides

The Safety First Guide aims to make your visit to the UK safe and enjoyable. It highlights some of the safety and security issues you will need to be aware of, offers sensible advice and lists organisations to contact if you need help.

The Creating Confidence Guide  is designed to help you prepare for your stay in the UK and give you practical advice about living and studying in the UK.

Biometric Residence Permit

A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is a document in the shape of a credit card issued by the Home Office and provides evidence of your immigration permission (also known as permission to enter or remain). If you arrive in the UK with a 30 or 90 day vignette (sticker) in your passport, you will need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card from the designated Post Office listed on your letter within 10 days of arrival. If you are not able to collect your BRP within 10 days (for example, you are required to self-isolate for 10 days on arrival in the UK), your BRP will be kept at the Post Office for you to collect as soon as permits.

Police registration

The condition to register with the police is given to people of certain nationalities who come to the UK for more than 6 months as outlined in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules. If you need to register with the police, the condition will be printed on your 30-day vignette, or if you have been granted leave to remain following an application made in the UK, it will be on your BRP.

If you need to register, you must go to the police within 7 days of you:

  • arriving in the UK if you applied for a visa from outside the UK
  • getting your biometric residence permit if you applied to stay for longer from inside the UK

After you register

The police will give you a registration certificate. Keep it while your visa or permission to stay in the UK lasts so that you can:

  • prove that you’re registered with the police
  • tell the police if your details change
  • return to the UK if you travel
  • apply to stay for longer in the UK

Students within the UK

On 5 October 2020, the Tier 4 (general) student visa was replaced with the Student visa route. You can find comprehensive information on applying for a student visa from within the UK at the UKCISA website.


All the campuses are no smoking areas. No one is allowed to smoke anywhere within the campuses, including buildings, grounds and vehicles.

This also applies to e-cigarettes and other electronic nicotine dispensing systems.

The smoking policy is enforced by security and other staff. It’s supported by the university code of discipline for students.

Reporting an accident

It’s important to record any accident in the university or in university accommodation or activities such as field trips. Report accidents through your department office or directly to

First aid

There are trained first aiders on all the Scottish campuses. If you need first aid for yourself or someone else, call 0141 848 3505.

Give full details of where you are, including your campus, what the injury is and how serious it is. A first aider will come to you.

Keep calm and keep the injured person calm. Don’t let them leave until seen by the first aider. If you think that an ambulance is needed, ask for one when you request first aid.

If you’re unwell

If you or someone else is unwell, and you’re unable to get to a GP, you can call the NHS 24 helpline free on 111

Ask a pharmacy if you’re feeling unwell and need help finding the best medicine – it’s usually quicker than a GP appointment

NHS Inform has information on health conditions and tips for self-care.


You must only use the 999 number to call the emergency services when, for example, a life is at risk, a life-threatening accident, a crime is in progress or to report a fire. The emergency operator will ask for your name, address and the type of emergency.

When it's not an emergency, but you need assistance

101 is the non-emergency contact number for any police force in England and Wales and it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using this number can reduce pressure on the 999 system, allowing the police to prioritise emergency calls. You should call 101 if you want to talk to your local police officer, get crime prevention advice, or report a crime that does not need an emergency response, for example:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing
  • you want to report a hate crime or incident
  • you want to report a minor traffic accident, or
  • you want to give the police information about crime in your area

Things not going well?

There are many ways in which the University can help you get the most out of your student experience. If you feel things aren’t going well, either with your course or within your personal life, please talk to us for advice and support. 

Enquire with us

We are here to help and to make your journey to UWS London as smooth as possible. Please use the relevant button below to enquiry about a course you would like to apply, or to clarify any questions you may have about us and our admission’s process. After you submit your enquiry, one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible.

Application guide

Information to explain how you can apply and make your UWS application as smooth as possible for all our courses.



VISA, Immigration
and ATAS